Tuesday 2 January 2018

101 in 1001 - Finish A Jigsaw Puzzle

Puzzle Pieces
During the recent festivities, someone very kindly bought me a 3D puzzle, which means I was able to complete another goal from the 101 in 1001 list!
  • 054. Finish a jigsaw puzzle with at least 500 pieces.

Puzzleball
The above photo is of the box of the puzzle, just to prove it actually had more than 500 pieces (or something like that). 

Putting it together
From the other side
The puzzle, which features artwork from 1611 by Dutch engraver and globe maker Pieter van den Keere, was fun to put together and only really got tricky towards the end. I couldn't push the pieces together very easily because if I put too much pressure on them then there was a risk of a cave-in! Still, it all went well and with a bit of care there were no problems at all.

Altogether, the puzzle took around 4 or 5 hours to complete and it's now solidly displayed on the included stand.

The finished puzzle on its stand

No comments:

Post a Comment

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...