Tuesday 28 November 2017

101 in 1001 - Write 25 Poems (No. 1 - 6)

A photo I took for 365 Project, because I wanted an image
Number 21 on my 101/1001 list is:

  • 021. Write 25 poems.

I write (poems, stories etc.) quite a lot, but rarely show it to anyone. Today, you'll find out why! You'll also discover that I neither like to write poems that rhyme nor make a great deal of sense to anyone but me. With that said, let's move on to the first six (under the jump cut)...


1. Freezing Point Depression

Shall we dance to the music of nine, one by one?
Pretend that the cold's merely caused by the breeze.
The ascention to depths never reached by six wings,
Slowly confusing, the four backwards feet,
Out of time with the beating and the clockwork of drums.
Constricted, contorted visages appear,
In the still of the darkness set under the lids.
A shrieking and gasping. Repeating, repeating.
It's no longer music, but we are still moving,
Faster and faster, the pace unexpected,
As flashes from shades spotlight us into four,
Where the centre exists for a moment once more and
The gnawing and scraping of spent marrow casings
Overpowers the noise and subtracts twenty three.
The others seep out in familiar lines;
A red sea of curiosity: ΔTF = KF · b · i / ΔTf = Tf° - Tf


2. The Siltling

I accumulate life
From other people's eyes.
Though many of them have
Long since departed my world,
I steal little gifts
Made from pieces of them.
Roman Jets in American skies and
Sweets from Eastern islands,
Penned in cyrillic,
In a box on the wrong train.
Dandy candy became Gandy,
When you couldn't read the code.

Golden Breton shores and market rings,
The fragments remind me
And in theta wave sleep,
The New World poets and
Netherworld misses
Visit me, sometimes,
With cats on two legs,
But in the city of pink lightning
Invisible footsteps left no traces behind.
With red thoughts on the wall,
It meant nothing at all.


3. Her Highness

There once was a boy, so gentle and sweet,
Too innocent for such bitter being as humans.
A self-induced coma became his whole world,
And alone, yet patient, he remained.

He waited so long for his princess to come,
And when she finally did, he awoke from deluded dreams of her.
And he crawled to her until his knees bled,
Just to hear cruel words escape her red lips...

"You disgust me.
Apologies are worthess to me."

He loved her life, much more than his own,
He cut out his heart, and gave it to her,
She laughed at him as she devoured it whole,
And played with his nerve endings like toys.

The worse that he felt, the colder she grew,
The princess delighted in torturing him,
And just when he thought he could feel misery no more,
So softly she whispered his name.

"You disgust me.
Your love is worthless to me."

The acid inside her digested his heart,
As she slowly absorbed all that he had been.
Numbed by the cold, he stared at her Highness,
In shards of broken mirror, shining red on the floor.

"Don't ever crawl again.
I will never crawl again."


4. Azure Light

Image shards live in the snow
Of frozen, untouched sleep.
Broken visions with pale crests,
Lacerations of reflected dreams.
The cold echos of screams,
Silent and deafening.
A voice drowned in the sea.

Suspended in the space between
Reality, fantasy, mortality,
I long for the azure light.
In the midnight ocean of the sky...

Floating high above the waves,
The stars sing softly to me.
Whispering their malice from
Behind such tranquil masks.
Calmed by the lullaby,
My eyes refuse to focus.
But the ice is always sharp.

Cerebrospinal bubbles
In the tide of euphoric fear.
The pressure of descent overflows
With retinal fluid and blood.
Platelet fish drift away from me,
And it's too dark down here to find them.

Suspended in the space between
Reality, fantasy, morality,
I long for the azure light
To paint magic on my skin.
Transform me into pallid bliss,
As shells dance from my hands
Into the midnight ocean of the sky
I dive.

Deeper drowned in desert suns,
Mirages seer my lungs.
Burnt flesh consumed by earth,
Flickers and crackles of vapour light.
Deeper drowned in tundra suns,
Mirages freeze my breath.
Moving without movement,
Gasping in flashes of liquid night.

Suspended in the space between
Reality, fantasy, mortality,
I found the azure light
Painting thoughts onto my skin.
Transforming me into pallid still,
As shells flew from my hands,
In the depthless ocean of the sky,
I...


5. Narcissus

You exist only to create
Havock, chaos and mistrust.
All other things around you
Are destroyed.
Yet you see only a rose
In a universe of brambles
And refuse to hear the
Sirens in the gloom.

Little bluebells shake
Before your caring thorns;
Icy quiet in rememberance.
Tolerance is not unending,
Condolance. Condolance.
Wrapped around the lillies,
Caustic tears through bluebell horns.
And their petals were so frail,
But the scythe rips you the same.


6. Reclamation

This is not the first time,
Chorus, bridge, repeat, and burn.
Your bright light is for
Darker tones; for breath and lace and spines.
Dramatic grandeur gives
Beautiful tears to death.
Sigh your requiem and smile
At the dolls. Perfect,
Mourning sky, reflected in
crystal surfaced mercury;
The pools inside their eyes.
Pouring brine from your windows
In such exquisite grief.
You crave the horrid scrapes
Of rigored flesh upon the pine.
A kiss of cold adreneline meets
Them all with you. Finds you
In the throes of a melancholic rapture.
Down to Heaven, up to Hell,
In the Earth, or into flames?
The parasites bore you, even without holes.
Carrion creatures, familiars of yours,
Coldly slip from your sleeves
Like the liquid beetles, pooling in your veins.
They know the worth of reclaiming debris,
But not as well as you.


2 comments:

  1. Yay for starting on another goal! I don't think it matters if the stuff you write doesn't make sense to anyone but you. Writing is a very personal thing, and if what you write makes people stop for a few moments and think about the words on the page, that's good!
    (BTW, my fave of these six is the second one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Whilst I'm not really sure anyone will stop and think (not sure anyone but people I know will even see these at all lol), I still like writing them. :)
      The second one was actually written last, which is why it's a bit different to the others in tone. (AKA: I stopped trying to get a word use record for "ice" and "cold"...did still slip "red" in, though, haha!)

      Delete

☆Thank you for imagining another part of this paracosm☆

Featured

365 Days of Art: I don't know you...

205. I don't know you... This is the latest picture for the 365 Days of Art challenge, number 205: "I don't know you...&...